Calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media. One of the advantages of Calcite is its self-limiting property. When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not overcorrect under normal conditions. Upon contact with Calcite, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH which reduces the potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems.
- Naturally occurring material
- Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact for controlled pH correction
- Slower reacting for controlled pH correction
- Color : White to off white
- Bulk Density : 1400- 1500 Kg/ m3 .
- Specific Gravity: 2.7
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.3-1.7
- Hardness: 3.0 (Mohs scale)
- Composition: CaCO3 , 95% min. MgCO3 , 3.0% max.
- 2 mm- 4 mm
- 1 mm – 2 mm
- 0.5 mm – 1 mm
G-67, Ground Floor, Kalindi Kunj, New Delhi, Delhi, 110025, India